Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Legacy~ A Daily Blog Post for #bloglikecrazy


Tuesday, Nov. 13 – Legacy. The pastor of my church has been talking about legacy for the past month. Regardless of your religious beliefs I think we should all be thinking about the kind of legacy we want to leave behind. So how do you want to be remembered and what are you doing about it today? Javacia #bloglikecrazy
Legacy
I look around at all of the things I have wanted to do, the projects, the books undone, the artwork I am yet to try, the scrap book started, the photo albums, the journals (from the time I was five). 
Unfortunately right now my legacy would be a mess of stuff to sort through or throw out.
We all have a unique makeup and a legacy, according to Charles Wale’s book called Designed for Fulfillment on Redemptive Gifts. His book, has not only given me freedom to realize I was destined and designed in a unique design as everyone is.
 According to just a few of the answers to my personality questionnaire I was designed to
  1. be a fighter for the underdog, and have a large range of emotions,
  2. be intuitive about people sometimes to my detriment as judgemental and am committed to truth,
  3. be a visionary and have more creative ideas than I could ever possibly achieve, (that one was a relief)
  4. demonstrate zeal, passion, impulsiveness and verbal expressiveness.
If you have ever found you are not like those around you and have apologized for being different, perhaps you should dig deeper into your personality. 
MAYBE you were destined to be the way you are for a reason! How refreshing to find that while I was unlike those around me, there is a definite plan for those traits and a reason for those that are not so desirable as well as a plan for me to work through them so that I can fulfill my little portion of purpose on this earth.
I don’t know what my legacy is and I don’t know if I am supposed to specify it. If I do that, I might miss something much better!
I encourage you to dig deeper into who you are, why you have those unique fingerprints that NO OTHER ON EARTH has. When you find that, your legacy will fall in line and there will be no reason to think or dwell on it.
After all, as human as the world is, you can go through life with TONS of good intentions, but if they are hurt, they will never see what you were trying to do. They will only see you, and your legacy, through their own filters.
It is not our place to try to direct that....only let it play out as God intends.
So for now, I am still excavating deeper into who I am while I am here. The legacy is yet to be seen.
Allison Adams
as part of #bloglikecrazy with daily prompts 
www.allisonpadams.com

No comments: