Friday, December 5, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS





I absolutely LOVE Christmas...
it is my FAVORITE time of year...
Christmas music has been playing through the house since Nov. 1...
the first year Chad and I married, it was on October 31 that we decorated...

(Halloween would be the LEAST favorite)

I share some decoration ideas...
from the living room...

But even a Charlie Brown Christmas tree (which is what we had the first year we moved here....because all of my LIFE was in storage)
or any decoration looks great with cookie dough and sprinkles being scattered beside it...it's all about the smell...and a mix of cinnamon, cloves and vanilla on the stove is just as good.

We put ornaments on that tree with paper chains listing what my daughter, son and I were thankful for...including the ONE bathroom apartment we used to be in that made us appreciate "not standing in line" for the toilet...HA

But I must say LAST year we had a tree that went floor to ceiling in our two story space....we had to trim the top...took so much testosterone from the neighborhood...
I felt like Tim whatever his name was here from Home Improvement...
chain saws were blaring..and when we cut the net...limbs spread across the room like my old favorite movie..Christmas Vacation...
The kids did acrobatics from the rails to decorate the top..
I'll add a copy of that photo...

I pray that this Christmas has special meaning for you and your family.

I know it does for us, even though the kids go to their dad's this Christmas..
we are NEVER deterred...we just begin Christmas on Dec. 26...
hey and it SURE DOES LAST LONGER THAT WAY!

Allison

No comments: