Saturday, August 2, 2008

SOUTHERN LIVING- Photo shoot at the house



I have friends, this month, praying specifically for me...for abundant creativity...
and I believe in the power of prayer...
but this week...it was QUITE FRUITFUL...

Out of the blue, I got a call from a stylist at Southern Living Magazine, requesting that they be able to see my house. They had a photo shoot they were working on...well, actually three.

So I said, SURE...as I do with our church when they need a place for a 24/7 student to live...(FOR ALMOST A YEAR!) and then..that ended up being TWO boys!

And then a friend, who had sponsored a 16 year old ministry student at our church was moving out of their home while she would be there for three more weeks...
so as you can guess, she moved in and leaves us this weekend...
she has been a delight!

And so when they said, "we need a place to shoot a bathroom shot, a living room and a poolside shot..." of course I said, SURE!

And they came. It was fun to see the process...I had done this type thing years ago as an interior designer..staging shots...once for a rug company, once for a wallcovering book...it was so exciting to watch and be a part of...
(I will be the model for a feature on "getting organized for the holidays" and am wrapping presents...That one comes out in November...

however, with anything..it is not in stone til it goes to print...and actually some of the shots they took were "RE SHOOTS" of one that didn't work out so great...

so when you see the orange cabinets....you'll know we made it in! Ha

My "miami re-do" mentioned in an earlier blog is featured in the background for a lipstick article.

After going to Miami and loving the bungalows that were poolside, I created my own here...curtains, matress..Nikki Beach music...

If you can't go to MIAMI...BRING MIAMI TO YOU...

Hope this finds you lounged in a comfortable spot soaking in what is left of summer..

Allison

Photos from "behind the scenes at the photo shoot"

No comments: