Saturday, August 2, 2008

ABC/33 Broadcast with Dave Baird

It has been a week of creativity!
This week, Dave Baird came to my home, and interviewed me about the book I wrote, Birmingham Sketchbook.
They took footage of me working on one of my recent painting series, one I started over fifteen years ago while I lived in Montgomery.

In fact, I had one of these ANGELS on my wall during a recent bible study here and a friend said, "I have one of those from Montgomery that I bought years ago!"

It was confirmation...
hopefully there will be LOTS more painted in the near future!

The interview follows.
Click on the link for the full video story.

Take Pride: Birmingham-Hoover Sketchbook posted 5:05 pm Wed July 30, 2008 - Birmingham, AL reporter: Dave Baird posted by: Jeff Wyatt tags: take pride • pride • sketchbook • birmingham hoover sketchbook

Take Pride: Birmingham-Hoover Sketchbook|ABC 33/40 News

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO STORY

Text of Story is below:

Stay on top of breaking news! Sign up for ABC 33/40 News e-mail alerts.
Your Email: "The Birmingham-Hoover Sketchbook" is an interesting idea. Local artists submitted over 300 original pieces of art, and over 50 works were selected to be featured in the coffee table book.

Each artist chose the subject for their pieces, and with their skill and their own unique styles, they created a vision of some of our area's most familiar and famous landmarks and landscapes.

The sketchbook can be found at most area bookstores.

No comments: