Monday, June 9, 2008

A Plug for the GULF COAST




I have to say,
the more I travel
and the more coastal sand I put my toes into,
the more I realize what a treasure we have here in the Panhandle of the
Gulf Coast.

Chad and I took the kids to Destin, Florida.
Nowhere, not the coasts of Italy, of the French Riviera, Costa Rica...
California (Newport Beach is where I was born), even MIAMI BEACH sand does not rival what we have here
NOWHERE...compares to the crystal blue ocean and powder white fluffy sand of Destin.

And a bit West is Gulf Shores, where I can walk the beach and not pass one person in the winter and might have a few dozen pass by my deck as I soak in the sun to the sound of the crashing waves, fly my kite, let a dog run freely.

Those are things you certainly can't do on those "other beaches".

As gas prices rise, we count our blessings, that we are only hours to the most beautiful shores in the world.

As the sun was setting, a couple said their vows in front of a few dozen close friends and family.

No comments: