Monday, June 9, 2008

GETTING WILD!




Ok...I have to say, I have been a fan of the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo for YEARS...and served on the Board of Directors when we thought we would have to close the doors,
but this weekend...I got to do the all-time coolest thing!

I took my children "behind the scenes" to see a baby monkey and three tigers who are three weeks old.

It was the most amazing thing to hold something so WILD and so gentle.

This zoo will be featured in an upcoming article for the magazine, Southern Beauty, as I write about the lady who has held it all together, Patti Hall.

She and her crew were featured on "The Little Zoo That Could" on Animal Planet and will be moving the zoo they had to evacuate THREE times in two years soon to higher ground.

If you want to support an animal or visit the 400 or so they have there, including spending a few mintues with some wild babies, visit Gulf Shores, Alabama, right off 59 South and tell Patti I sent you. She also LOVES fan mail!

It will be a memory you will never forget!

www.alabamagulfcoastzoo.org

No comments: