Thursday, October 9, 2008

LIFE IS GREAT

Tonight.....I realized something everyone wishes for their whole lives....

I walked down my steps...on the front of the porch,
originally searching for the moon, which my 3 year old daughter was searching for...

and stood in my yard...

watching a half moon glow to my left beyond the pines...
(for years it was right out my door on the ocean)
my daughter on the front porch, dimly lit with white lights hung
last Christmas, that NOW my mother will approve of (although we have lit them
all year) since it is nearing fall..and season for lighting and festivity...

and I thought...

how perfect my world...
not ostentacious...
not perfect....

but awesome nonetheless.....

I thank Jesus for every blessing..
for my husband who cooks dinner every night out of enjoyment..
for my dog, Sampson...who is such a delight..
and for my children who remind me each day of my purpose...

In an economy that wavers...

I am RICH in the love I have surrounding me..each and every day....

I praise you for recognizing the loves in YOUR life.


Allison

No comments: