Thursday, February 21, 2008

The POWER OF COLLAGE- MEMORIES


I love to save things,
old ticket stubs, maps, photos or pages from old magazines.

I recently found a way to use them!

When my husband and I took a trip to Italy a few years ago, he kept asking me
to paint him a picture of poppies. I never found the right motivation and so the
idea sat idle and the painting never got done.

Recently I came across an envelope, with pictures and maps of the places we had been together...
most importantly, Italy, where we fell in love,
the red poppies of Tuscany, Florence by train, and our favorite spot, Positano, where we rented a boat to travel to Capri for his 40th birthday...

then the gulf coast, New Orleans, the Bahamas, Mexico, a motorcyle trip to Gorham's Bluff in North Alabama (look for an article about that in an upcoming issue of Southern Beauty Magazine)

a family trip to the Bahamas with the kids,

then off to Paris, France, where he surprised me for my birthday, and Nice and Cannes, and along the coast of France via London, England, and flying out of Milan...

Vail, Colorado, Chicago, and New York.

A piece of all of these is meshed together on a painting to remind us of the first three and a half years of marriage together(we are a BLENDED family of six)

So I encourage you...
you horse lovers, get out those old programs and have a horse painted across them,
you fashion hounds...tear out line drawings of awesome dresses and have a big shoe painted across them!

take black and white photos and have them printed as line drawings and make a collage!

Just don't leave those memories in the drawer!
DISPLAY THEM!

If you don't know how to start..I'd be happy to help!
Custom collages available by commission!
Gallery wrap 24X36 for $800.
You supply the memories!

No comments: